Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ojos de Perro Azúl.

"We Have the Blues Together (2011)" by George Rodrigue

I just found one of my favorite short stories online!
Ojos de Perro Azúl (Eyes of a Blue Dog) by Gabriel García Máquez is a beautiful story that has haunted me ever since I read it for the first time a long time ago. 
I still think about it after a dream filled night, specially if those dreams involve "strangers".
I hope you enjoy it!
R

PS. I can't believe how adequate George Rodrigue's painting is to illustrate this post. I would love to ask him if he was somehow influenced by Gabriel García Márquez' story, as many of his paintings include blue dogs.

And how weird is it that García Márquez' birthday happens to be tomorrow?
Happy birthday Mr. Gabo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...