Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cheering up in early July (Mamika).

You may or may not know this, but I have been sad lately. Some days are better than others, almost normal, but then on days like today I feel gloomy and lonely. The remaining creature had gone outside, I was alone and a bit worried about him, so trying to cheer myself up I looked up "cheer up" online. I know, quite desperate, right? One does what one has to do... I felt silly and did not expect much. If anything, my search would keep me entertained. Amongst the babies and kittens I was feeling even worse, but then I ran into Mamika, the ultimate super hero.
Boy did she cheer me up alright! She is a lot of things I love in a single wrinkly package: an old lady with a cool sense of humor, kick ass, unafraid to make a fool of herself, game for unheard of adventures, avantgarde at 91 years old. 
The Mamika project began when photographer Sacha Goldberger's grandma was a bit sad, so he decided to propose a fun project to cheer her up. How about shooting some photos of her in outrageous costumes? Lucky for us, she agreed, and the result is the most amazing set of photos I have seen in a while.
So popular has she become that in a followup session she has found a younger lover called Mr. Papika.
I hope they make you smile as widely as they have made me.

Have a fun Fourth of July weekend everyone!

R











All of these amazing photos of Mamika and Mr. Papika are by Sacha Goldberger.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...