Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Wave.

Hokusai's "The Great Wave of Kanawaga".


Remember those doors I mentioned before?
They are life changing experiences that leave you wondering what is waiting for you on the other side. Usually, what awaits you is not what you thought, and I strongly believe everything (good or bad) happens for a reason.

When I began this blog I was facing the unknown (more than usual, that is), and that was a major factor in my deciding to write my daily rants. I have not been explicit about this, but last December I was laid off from my job. It was scary and uncertainty was eating me away. 
Since then life has not been easy, and J and I have been through a lot.
Our lives have been a roller coaster. 
What seemed to be the worst experiences (losing my job, not finding another one straight away, stress and uncertainty) have all lined up to set up what is the most exciting thing that has happened to us in a long, long time.

J has found the P E R F E C T job. He is so excited! People at his new workplace are very happy about him joining their team, he will use his skills in a very cool project (he will start from zero an organic edible garden and a small farm for a winery) while he will learn tons of new things about vine cultivation and wine making.

It was him -who was not really looking- and not I who found a new job, and because I have not found one yet it is easy for us to relocate. We have found a lovely new home and cannot wait to explore the beautiful area we are moving to.

Life has a funny sense of humor, and it loves to play with your head. 

I see it as a huge wave that tumbles me around at its will and have learnt to trust it because, 
in the end, everything works out just fine.


2 comments:

  1. wow, what an exciting development for the both of you! congratulations on embarking upon a new adventure. good luck during this time of transition :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lia!
    Hopefully you will visit us sometime.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...