Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Shoe envy.

Growing up in Mexico City meant always being on the move, having to walk with a confident stride through its crowded streets, dashing after busses and jumping off of them while still in motion (literally!). And that pace implied having to wear sturdy shoes that could keep up. Dr. Martens boots were my daily companion for the longest time.

My life is very different now. Because I live on a small town without access to public transportation I have to drive everywhere, and while that is ironic since I have never had a greenest lifestyle as I do now, it has allowed my footwear to evolve and diverge. Since I relocated here I have acquired a fair amount of shoes. Dressy colorful shoes, strappy sandals, boots... I have allowed myself to wear high heels for the first time in my life.  I love my shoes and wish I could have more space to keep them.

Then I saw this:



Photos from pink kitten's shoe closet via copper + lace

I could not stop staring! It is surreal, crazy and intense and yet there is a creepy Imelda Marcos side of me that wishes that shoe closet could be mine. 

I just had to show it to J. 

J's reaction:   Wow...
Me:   I know... *sigh*
Him:   How many feet do you think she has?

And that, in a nut shell, is why I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...